As part of Taghazout Bay Resort, Tazegzout Golf fosters a proactive approach to sustainable development, through several initiatives:
• Course design taking into account the existing vegetation and preserving Argan trees on site
• Reusing wastewater for irrigation of golf courses and green spaces around the Club House
• Planting native plant species with low water needs
• Ensuring water conservation through daily audits of the irrigation system and optimal irrigation plans
• Use of organic and natural products for golf course maintenance
• Use of manual techniques instead of chemical products such as anti-weeds
• Use of electric vehicles and optimizing staff movements on the course
• Promoting local culture and the finest products of the Region, in particular within the Restaurant and the Proshop
• Creating opportunities for local companies and local people
• Adopting sustainable waste management practices including recycling and waste reduction
This approach was rewarded by the achievement in 2016 of the Green Globe certification, an international label specifically designed for the tourism sector.
Click here to download the Management Plan for Sustainable Development.